Saturday, June 9, 2012

Hooray for internet.

Finally I’ve got the ship’s wireless internet working in my room, so I’ve got no excuse for not updating the blog.  I guess that is a good thing.  It feels good for now.  It IS busy out here though.

Today was pretty good.  The weather was about what I expected from the Baltic Sea.  So far it’s been pretty mellow.  Chilly, yes, but not uncomfortably so.  Today was not cold, but the wind is pretty amazing.  I think we’re looking at 30-40mph gusts.  It does a pretty good job of whipping the sea into a froth.  We see smaller ships nearby with the waves crashing over them.

IMG_6215

We did an auction today.  Auctioned 6 pieces of glass and brought in over $8000!  $2500 of that is for breast cancer research.  The rest goes to a scholarship fund at Corning.  Gotta remember to sign up for that.  We also had a show which was very well attended for the weather conditions.  We raffled off a few excellent pieces of glass since it was our last show and people were braving the wind to show up.  The stage itself is incredibly well sheltered.  We were barely affected by the wind.  I’ve done shows out here when there is wind and rain and it barely makes the stage wet.

IMG_6219

IMG_6197

No comments:

Post a Comment